At OB-GYN Associates of Danville, we lead the area in gynecologic & menopausal medicine. OB/GYN Associates of Danville offers state of the art Obstetrical and Gynecologic care. From Well woman visits to specialized care including infertility, breast health and surgical needs we have you covered.
Gynecologic Services Provided
- Vaccinations (flu, Tdap, HPV)
- Evaluation and Treatment of pelvic pain
- Treatment of abnormal bleeding
- Treatment of endometriosis, ovarian cysts and fibroids
- Treatment of vaginal infection
- Incontinence treatment & surgery
- Uterine, ovarian & breast cancer screenings
- Osteoporosis prevention
- STD testing & treatment
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Advanced laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Progressive hysterectomy alternatives
- Treatment of PMS
- Osteoporosis screening and treatment
- On-site screening, digital mammography by a registered mammographer
- Weight management counseling
- Breast Disease
- On-site screening mammography by a registered mammographer
- Diagnosis and management of benign breast conditions
- Evaluation of abnormal breast lumps and nipple discharge
- Preventive Care
- Annual well-woman exams including pap smear and breast exam
- Cholesterol, Diabetes, Thyroid and High blood pressure screening and treatment
- Heart disease, preventive counseling and assessment
- High blood pressure, evaluation and initial treatment.
In-Office Surgical Procedures
Our providers perform the following procedures within the comfort of our office.
- Endometrial Ablation
- Endometrial Biopsy
- Cryotherapy (freeze treatment) of cervical dysplasia in appropriate cases
Inpatient & Outpatient Surgery
You may rest assured that our physicians are among the region's most skilled surgeons, performing leading-edge gynecologic surgery.
- All routine obstetrical care, fetal non-stress test (NST), vaginal and cesarean section delivers.
- High-risk obstetrics including multiple gestation, hypertension, diabetes and vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC).
- On-site First Trimester screening and ultrasounds.
- Preconception counseling
- Recurrent pregnancy loss, counseling and evaluation.
- Comprehensive initial evaluation
- Individualized treatment plan
- Ovulation induction
Did you know that there are important vaccines you can receive during a visit to your Ob/Gyn? In pregnancy, the flu vaccine and tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (Tdap) vaccine are recommended by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) as well as the Centers for Disease Control. These are potentially life-saving vaccines for mothers as well as newborn babies. The quadrivalent human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine, also known as Gardasil, is given between the ages of 9 to 26 years to protect women against the four most common strains of HPV, two of which cause 90% of genital warts and two which cause 70% of cervical cancers. These vaccines exemplify the goals of Ob/Gyn's to protect women and babies against preventable diseases during and after pregnancy, and across a woman's lifetime.
Please see the links below from ACOG if you would like further information about each vaccine:
65 or Older
For women age 65 and older, the pneumonia and shingles vaccines are recommended. The pneumonia vaccine may be needed at an earlier age for women with lung disease or a smoking history. For women who have not had the chicken pox before, the varicella vaccine should be given, especially for women who plan to become pregnant as this vaccine cannot be given in pregnancy and pregnant women and their babies can become very sick if chicken pox infection occurs during pregnancy. These three vaccines are not carried in our office, but many primary care offices carry them. See your primary care physician for more information about obtaining these.